On Thursday, July 26, Cook County President Toni Preckwinkle, joined by Commissioner Jeffrey R. Tobolski and Herman Brewer, Bureau Chief, Economic Development for Cook County, toured Ingredion Incorporated (formerly known as Corn Products International, Inc. ), one of the world’s leading ingredient solutions providers and located in Cook County, Illinois for over 100 years. In 2011, their net sales reached $6.2 billion – a growth of 42% over 2010. The morning started by viewing the safety video and historic overview of the company, supplied by Ingredion senior staff.
Those attending from Ingredion management included:
- Robin L. Brown, Vice President Government Affairs/External Relations
- Mary Ann Hynes – Senior VP, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary and Chief Compliance Officer
- Alan Jirik – VP, Governmental and Environmental Affairs
- Mark Madsen – Sr. Director, Manufacturing
- Ray Doogan – Argo Plant Operations Manager
- Claire Regan – Director of Corporate Communications
- Jennifer Ohlinger, Manager, Corporate Communications
Afterwards, a briefing occurred on the many food and health products which use Ingredion’s solutions turning corn and other nature-based raw materials into a myriad of ingredients for the food, beverage, brewing and pharmaceutical industries.
President Preckwinkle was taken on a tour of the plant, including an opportunity to walk through parts of the plant and drive through other portions of the operation. She was able to meet many workers and hear from them directly about their jobs and how their work helps to grow the company. Ingredion’s plant tour took place in Bedford Park. However, their corporate headquarters is located in Westchester, Illinois. Ingredion remains committed to the values of: Safety, Quality, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Innovation. To learn more about their corporation and history, please go to: www.ingredion.com