As part of the preparations for employee blood drive on August 15th and 16th, President Preckwinkle took time to congratulate the team of volunteers responsible for coordinating donors in their bureaus and departments. She spoke of the importance of donating blood, the need to expand the pool of blood donors, and her own experiences as a donor.
This year’s drive will take place in Room CL-115 Conference A, at 50 W Washington St. To better facilitate the process, employees have 3 ways to schedule appointments. One, by logging into http://www.redcrossblood.org; by calling Renee Carrion at 312-603-5980; or lastly, by emailing her at Renee.Carrion@cookcountyil.gov. Walk-ins are always welcome.
Donors are encouraged to eat a healthy meal and drink plenty of water prior to donating. All donors will receive a number of gifts and prizes, including entry into a drawing to throw out the first pitch at an upcoming White Sox Game, and tickets to the Laugh Factory, Chicago. Promo rules apply.
Click on the video below for more on the blood donation process:
10 REASONS TO DONATE BLOOD
1. Blood transfusions save lives
2. There’s no substitute for human blood.
3. Every three seconds, someone needs a blood transfusion.
4. About 60 percent of the population are eligible to donate blood, yet less than five percent do.
5. A pint of blood, separated in to components, can help up to three people.
6. You’ll make your community a safer place.
7. Fulfills your desire to “give back” to the community.
8. You’ll receive a mini physical (blood pressure, temperature, iron level).
9. You’ll learn your blood type.
10. It’s safe, simple and it saves lives.