The Cook County Department of Environmental Control and The Rebuilding Exchange will host six free public workshops during March to educate contractors, municipal workers and the general public about the County’s Demolition, Debris and Diversion Ordinance, which came into effect last November.
At each of the three-hour workshops, attendees will learn about:
- How to meet requirements quickly and cost-effectively
- The best materials for deconstruction and reuse
- Tools, resources and markets available to help them meet their deconstruction targets
- How to communicate about deconstruction and recycling to clients and colleagues.
- The process and market for reclaimed and recycled building materials
- The role for municipal employees in explaining and enforcing the ordinance
- Implications for local government processes and policies
There will be two types of workshops:
1. Sessions geared to municipal workers on March 13th and 14th
2. Sessions geared for contractors on March 20th, 21st, 27th, and 28th
The general public is welcome to attend either session. The times for each session are 8am – 11am and they will take place at The Rebuilding Exchange, 1740 W. Webster Ave, Chicago IL
For more information or for registration, please visit www.eventbrite.com/org/3269275850?s=12433766 (for municipal workers) or www.eventbrite.com/org/3269187234?s=12430218 (for contractors) contact Sean Terry at Delta Institute (firstname.lastname@example.org). Remember – this project general public is encouraged to attend either session.