The mission of the Cook County Bureau of Economic Development is to foster economic development, workforce development, and community development within Cook County through the strategic leveraging of resources and efficient professional management.
Bureau website and blog: www.cookcountyil.gov/economicdevelopment Please go to our website for our notices, applications, blog, plans, information about the Council of Economic Advisors, Investing in Manufacturing Communities Partnership (IMCP), Economic Development Advisory Committee (EDAC), EDAC public meeting notices, and additional information pertaining to our work.
• Business growth, attraction, and retention
• Job creation and supporting sustainable employment
• Regional collaboration focused on the integration of economic, physical, and social
• Sustainable community investment connecting housing, employment
development and transportation
• Affordable housing
• Development of a long range capital improvement program
• Coordinate property management at all County-owned and leased properties
• Enforcement of Building and Zoning regulations
Connect to Cook
Go to Connect to Cook Website – GIS and open data access to over 5,000 variables for demographic, consumer spending, business and traffic data from the ease of your pc or laptop, geared specifically to Cook County. The data can be analyzed in a geographic context that allows users to choose samples as granular as block groups, census tracts or ZIP Codes. Menus allow the information and datasets to be customized and displayed in a variety of ways.
•Council of Economic Advisors
•Chicago Metro Metal Consortium
•Metro Chicago Exports
•Economic Development Advisory Committee (EDAC)
•Partnering for Prosperity: An Economic Growth Action Agenda for Cook County
•Planning for Progress
E-mail us at: Info.Edev@cookcountyil.gov