The mission of the Cook County Bureau of Economic Development is to foster economic development, promote regional collaboration, workforce and community development within Cook County through the strategic leveraging of resources and efficient professional management.
Bureau website and blog: www.cookcountyil.gov/economicdevelopment. Please go to our website for our notices, applications, blog, plans, information about the Council of Economic Advisors, Regional Initiatives: Chicago Metro Metal Consortium, Metro Chicago Exports, as well as Economic Development Advisory Committee (EDAC), EDAC public meeting notices, Disaster Resilience, and additional information pertaining to our work.
• Business growth, attraction, and retention
• Job creation and supporting sustainable employment
• Regional collaboration focused on the integration of economic, physical, and social
• Sustainable community investment connecting housing, employment
development and transportation
• Affordable housing
• Development of a long range capital improvement program
• Coordinate property management at all County-owned and leased properties
• Enforcement of Building and Zoning regulations
View full plan: Partnernering for Prosperity, An Economic Growth Action Agenda for Cook County, prepared by the Council of Economic Advisors.
•Council of Economic Advisors (CEA)
•Economic Development Advisory Committee (EDAC)
•Chicago Metro Metal Consortium
•Metro Chicago Exports
•Partnering for Prosperity: An Economic Growth Action Agenda for Cook County
•Planning for Progress
Connect to Cook
Go to Connect to Cook Website – GIS and open data access to over 5,000 variables for demographic, consumer spending, business and traffic data from the ease of your pc or laptop, geared specifically to Cook County. The data can be analyzed in a geographic context that allows users to choose samples as granular as block groups, census tracts or ZIP Codes. Menus allow the information and datasets to be customized and displayed in a variety of ways.
E-mail us at: Info.Edev@cookcountyil.gov