The Department of Facilities Management maintains, operates, services, cleans, and repairs County properties and operating equipment. The Department also provides the personnel and supervision needed to remodel, rehabilitate, construct, and install the various facilities, offices, equipment, and devices needed to keep all properties functioning.
Director, Bilqis Jacobs-El
Deputy Director, Jail Complex: Michael Carberry
Deputy Director, Outlying Facilities, Mike Gandhi
Business Manager IV, Purchasing & Bids: Belinda Henderson
Director of Custodial, Adebola Fagbemi
Department of Facilities and University of Illinois Students work together on Innovation - View the blog story.
Facilities Management has won five (5) consecutive NACo Achievement Awards. The most recent 2013 award was for the category “County Administration and Management”. Through transparency & accountability, we created an environment where all staff better understand the policies and procedures established.
Implemented a web request feature function which allows tenant to submit work requests directly into the DFM work order system.
- Implemented procedures for tracking all employee injury on duty incidents.
- Established cooling centers at our outlying courthouses during periods of dangerously extreme heat
- Facilities Management continues to gather data and achieve results for 18 Performance Management Sub-Goals.
- In 2011, Facilities Management completed 191,895 Work Orders which is 17.6% increase from the previous year.
- In 2012, Facilities Management completed 168,743 Work Orders.
- 100% Substantial Compliance with Department of Justice Agreed Order.
- Expanded the Building Team Initiative at the Cook County Department of Corrections.
- Facilities Management received a 3.95 average score on the 2012 Tenant Survey. Additionally, DFM received a 4.1 average score on the 2012 Custodial Survey. Both surveys were based on a 5-point scale.