Our mission is to procure quality goods and services for Cook County agencies at the best price by promoting competition and implementing best practices.
To achieve this goal, the Office of the Chief Procurement Officer is committed to implementing open and transparent procurement methods to promote maximum vendor participation while leveraging overall County volume to achieve lower costs.
Recent purchasing news:
The County has now issued the Market Rate RFP for 10 acres of strategic urban development real estate!
- The Market Rate RFP seeks master developer teams to redevelop the strategic, excess real estate (including the old Cook County Hospital building) in the heart of the Illinois Medical District and adjacent to downtown Chicago for mixed-use and revenue generating projects. The RFP solicitation, reference documents, and timetable are all available on the County’s redevelopment website at: https://app.box.com/s/b4ygynl56i3nezp8pr7c.
- Please be sure to register by emailing back the Proposer Registration Form (Exhibit A of the RFP) to us at: CC.StrogerRedev@cookcountyil.gov so you will be certain to receive any addendums and updates. A Pre-Submittal Presentation and Tour will take place on January 22, 2015 at 10am at the Hektoen Building, 627 S. Wood Street, Chicago, on campus.
The Cook County Office of the Chief Procurement Officer offers workshops to assist business owners in learning more about doing business with Cook County. We have designed classes to provide valuable information on various procurement processes and requirements. Please plan to attend one or all of our upcoming workshops!
- Procurement Essentials - gain insight into requirements for vendor responsibilities
- Doing Business with Cook County - learn about the general procurement process and how to effectively do business with us
- Job Order Contracting - learn more about the County’s JOC program for procuring various construction repairs, rehab, and new construction
- Keys to Submitting Successful RFP’s - learn more about the Request for Proposal process and how to submit successful RFPs
- Surplus Auction - learn how to navigate the Public Surplus website and become familiar with the terms and conditions
- The Cook County of Illinois issued a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for Financial Advisory Services, Bond, Underwriter’s and Pension Disclosure Counsel, and Investment Banking Services. Please visit the Bureau of Finance RFQ page to view the list of firms found qualified for each service area.
- Please read the following Notification of Duty to Report letter regarding Cook County vendor responsibilities to report corruption, political discrimination, and other criminal activities.
- We have finalized our list of prequalified firms for architecture and engineering, program management, and construction management services (RFQ 12-88-055Q). This list will also be posted on our “Doing Business with Cook County” webpage.
- The County’s 2015 Procurement Buying Plan has been released The plan will always be available from the “Annual Buying Plan” link to the right.
- The Cook County Open Data website was launched to create transparency and accessibility to Cook County data. Inlcuded among these sets of data are contract awards from the Office of the Chief Procurement Officer, which will continue to be updated with new awards.
- Please visit the ERP page at www.cookcountyil.gov/office-of-the-chief-procurement-officer/countywide-enterprise-resource-planning-erp-system for updates on the progress of the County’s ERP initiative.
Cook County Technology Outlook
The Cook County Technology Outlook took place on October 28th, 2014. This event provided technology professionals with the procurement outlook for County-wide technology projects planned for the upcoming year.
- To view the presentation given at the event, click here
- To view the business cards of the attendees, click here
Countywide Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Request for Information (RFI) #11-50-051, was issued by the Cook County Office of the Chief Procurement Officer on February 3, 2011, for the countywide Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System and the related System Integration Services.
More information can be found on the project site at: www.cookcountyil.gov/office-of-the-chief-procurement-officer/countywide-enterprise-resource-planning-erp-system
- Cook County Office of Contract Compliance Administers the County’s Minority Business Enterprise/Women’s Business Enterprise (MBE/WBE) programs.
- Forest Preserve District of Cook County
The Forest Preserve District of Cook County provides an online listing of current procurementopportunities and and other information regardingprocurement with the Forest Preserve District.
- Cook County Health and Hospitals System (CCHS)
CCHS is a Cook County agency with purchasing authority. A listing of current procurement opportunities and other contract information related to the health and hospital system in available at their website.