Our mission is to procure quality goods and services for Cook County agencies at the best price by promoting competition and implementing best practices.
To achieve this goal, the Office of the Chief Procurement Officer is committed to implementing open and transparent procurement methods to promote maximum vendor participation while leveraging overall County volume to achieve lower costs.
Recent purchasing news:
- The Cook County Office of the Chief Procurement Officer offers workshops to assist business owners in learning more about doing business with Cook County. We have designed classes to provide valuable information on various procurement processes and requirements. Please plan to attend one or all of our upcoming workshops!
Procurement Essentials—gain insight into requirements for vendor responsibilitiesDoing Business with the County—learn about the general procurement process and how to effectively do business with usDoing Business with Cook County (Winter-Spring sessions)Doing Business with Cook County (Summer-Fall sessions)Job Order Contracting—learn more about the County’s JOC program for procuring various construction repairs, rehab, and new constructionKeys to Successful RFPs—learn more about the Request for Proposal process and how to submit successful RFPs
- The Cook County of Illinois issued a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for Financial Advisory Services, Bond, Underwriter’s and Pension Disclosure Counsel, and Investment Banking Services. Please visit the Bureau of Finance RFQ page to view the list of firms found qualified for each service area.
- Please review our updated buying plan for upcoming opportunities with Cook County.
- Please read the following Notification of Duty to Report letter regarding Cook County vendor responsibilities to report corruption, political discrimination, and other criminal activities.
- We have finalized our list of prequalified firms for architecture and engineering, program management, and construction management services (RFQ 12-88-055Q). This list will also be posted on our “Doing Business with Cook County” webpage.
- The County’s 2014 Buying Plan is updated regularly. Please continue to check back for updates. The plan will always be available from the “Annual Buying Plan” link to the right.
- The Cook County Open Data website was launched to create transparency and accessibility to Cook County data. Inlcuded among these sets of data are contract awards from the Office of the Chief Procurement Officer, which will continue to be updated with new awards.
- Please visit the ERP page at www.cookcountyil.gov/office-of-the-chief-procurement-officer/countywide-enterprise-resource-planning-erp-system for updates on the progress of the County’s ERP initiative.
Countywide Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Request for Information (RFI) #11-50-051, was issued by the Cook County Office of the Chief Procurement Officer on February 3, 2011, for the countywide Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System and the related System Integration Services.
More information can be found on the project site at: www.cookcountyil.gov/office-of-the-chief-procurement-officer/countywide-enterprise-resource-planning-erp-system
- Cook County Office of Contract ComplianceAdministers the County’s Minority Business Enterprise/Women’s Business Enterprise (MBE/WBE) programs.
- Forest Preserve District of Cook County
The Forest Preserve District of Cook County provides an online listing of current procurementopportunities and and other information regardingprocurement with the Forest Preserve District.
- Cook County Health and Hospitals System (CCHS)
CCHS is a Cook County agency with purchasing authority. A listing of current procurement opportunities and other contract information related to the health and hospital system in available at their website.