Our mission is to procure quality goods and services for Cook County agencies at the best price by promoting competition and implementing best practices.
To achieve this goal, the Office of the Chief Procurement Officer is committed to implementing open and transparent procurement methods to promote maximum vendor participation while leveraging overall County volume to achieve lower costs.
Recent Procurement News:
2016 Vendor Fair – Hosted by the Government Procurement Compliance Forum (GPCF)
Please join Cook County Procurement at the 2016 Vendor Fair Hosted by the Government Procurement Compliance Forum (GPCF). The event will take place on Wednesday, May 25, 2016 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. The location will be the UIC Forum 725 W. Roosevelt Rd. Chicago, Illinois.
The 2016 Vendor Fair is a collaborative effort by the members of the Government Procurement Compliance Forum to give our regional businesses as many resources and networking opportunities as possible. This event will provide businesses the opportunity to learn about contracting opportunities with the City of Chicago, its Sister Agencies, Cook County Agencies, and State and Federal agencies. You will have the opportunity to attend several business workshops, learn how to join the construction trade unions, find financial, insurance, and legal assistance. UIC Forum Parking Available for $10.00 at 1029 S. Morgan, Lot 5 For more information, including registering for the event, please visit the 2016 Vendor Fair Website.
Cook County Technology Outlook 2016
The Cook County Technology Outlook event took place on April 6, 2016 @1:30 PM. This event provided valuable information for IT Vendors/Consulting firms interested in doing business with Cook County and learning about upcoming contracting opportunities.
- To view the presentation given at the event, click here
- To view the business cards of attendees, click here
- To view additional attendees, click here
2016 Buying Plan
The Office of the Chief Procurement Officer has released the 2016 Cook County Buying Plan. The buying plan can be viewed HERE. The Buying Plan is a useful tool for vendors to prepare for new contract opportunities.
2016 Vendor Workshops
The Office of the Chief Procurement Officer has released the 2016 Vendor Workshop Schedule. To view the full schedule, descriptions, dates & times, click HERE. The workshops offered are listed here:
|Procurement 101: Doing Business with Cook County||How to Submit a Successful Request for Proposal (RFP)||Job Order Contracting (JOC) 101|
|Procurement Essentials – Governing Laws & Ordinances||Sale of County Surplus: What, When, Where, and How?||Growing Your Business – Alternative Financing Solutions|
To register for any of these workshops, please email OCPO.Events@cookcountyil.gov. See you there!
Auctions – Surplus Equipment & Materials
Did you know that Cook County Government sells antiquated and underutilized surplus assets and that all online auctions are open to the general public?
To register on the website, view past auctions, and view current auctions please visit: http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/cookco,il/browse/home?tm=m
Should you have questions regarding the auction website or any of the auctions, please email OCPO.Events@CookCountyil.gov or contact the Procurement Office @ 312.603.5377.
Happy Bidding and Good Luck!
2015 CCHHS Procurement Vendor Forum
Please join the Cook County Health and Hospital System (CCHHS) for their annual Vendor Forum. The event will take place on Wednesday, August 26th from 4 PM until 7 PM. Click here for the flyer and for more detailed information including RSVP information, location and topics. Hope to see you there!
IT RFQ Vendor Information Session
The IT RFQ Vendor Information Session took place on March 16th, 2015 from 1 – 2:30 PM. This event provided valuable information for IT Vendors/Consulting firms interested in doing business with Cook County and learning about upcoming contracting opportunities.
- To view the presentation given at the event, click here
- To view the business cards of the attendees, click here
- To view the sign-in sheet from the event, click here
The County has now issued the Market Rate RFP for 10 acres of strategic urban development real estate!
- For the latest information on the Market Rate RFP, please go to the project website at: http://www.cookcountyil.gov/CCHHSRedevelopment.
- The Cook County of Illinois issued a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for Financial Advisory Services, Bond, Underwriter’s and Pension Disclosure Counsel, and Investment Banking Services. Please visit the Bureau of Finance RFQ page to view the list of firms found qualified for each service area.
- Please read the following Notification of Duty to Report letter regarding Cook County vendor responsibilities to report corruption, political discrimination, and other criminal activities.
- We have finalized our list of pre-qualified firms for architecture and engineering, program management, and construction management services (RFQ #12-88-055Q and 1388-13082). This list will also be posted on our “Doing Business with Cook County” webpage.
- Please visit the ERP page at www.cookcountyil.gov/office-of-the-chief-procurement-officer/countywide-enterprise-resource-planning-erp-system for updates on the progress of the County’s ERP initiative.
Countywide Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Request for Information (RFI) #11-50-051, was issued by the Cook County Office of the Chief Procurement Officer on February 3, 2011, for the countywide Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System and the related System Integration Services.
More information can be found on the project site at: www.cookcountyil.gov/office-of-the-chief-procurement-officer/countywide-enterprise-resource-planning-erp-system
- Cook County Office of Contract Compliance Administers the County’s Minority Business Enterprise/Women’s Business Enterprise (MBE/WBE) programs.
- Forest Preserve District of Cook County
The Forest Preserve District of Cook County provides an online listing of current procurementopportunities and and other information regardingprocurement with the Forest Preserve District.
- Cook County Health and Hospitals System (CCHS)
CCHS is a Cook County agency with purchasing authority. A listing of current procurement opportunities and other contract information related to the health and hospital system in available at their website.