Monday: 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Tuesday: 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am-5:00 pm
The Cook County Bureau of Economic Development (BED) works to foster economic development and job growth, promote regional collaboration, workforce, and community development through the strategic leveraging of resources and efficient professional management.
Mandates and Key Activities
- Foster business growth, attraction, and retention
- Support workforce development, job creation, and sustainable employment
- Encourage sustainable community investment connecting housing, employment, development and transportation
- Promote affordable housing
- Advance regional planning focused on the integration of economic, physical, and social infrastructure
- Direct enforcement of Building and Zoning regulations
- Craft strategies and programs to enhance the County’s position within the region and facilitates the implementation of this work with the six surrounding collar counties of Lake, Will, Kane, DuPage, McHenry, Kendall, and the City of Chicago
- Video - Manufacturing Renaissance and Cook County: Connecting communities, schools and manufacturing
BED has three departments within its umbrella:
DPD was awarded Federal Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) funding related to severe flooding that occurred in the Spring of 2013 in suburban Cook County. For more information, and to download our application for the CDBG-DR Design/Engineering Grant Program, please go to the Disaster Recovery and Resilience site.
Strategic Plans and Regional Growth Initiatives
Learn more about our Strategic Plans and Regional Growth Initiatives - a vital part of our work.
Click here to view our public notices.
- 1 of 7
- next ›