Cook County COVID-19 Resources
Manufacturing and Business Recovery Resources
- Illinois Manufacturers’ Association Safety and Reopening Guide
- Illinois Manufacturing Excellence Center Return to Work and Recovery Guide
- FAQs for Employers on the 2019 Novel Coronavirus: by Conn Maciel Carey and the IMA
- Managing a manufacturing plant through the coronavirus crisis: by McKinsey & Company
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) - offers recovery guidance for various industries
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) Guide for Restaurants and Bars
- National Restaurant Association - Recovery Guide
To sell medical supplies or equipment to the federal government, please submit a price quote under the COVID-19 PPE and Medical Supplies Request for Quotation. Full details can be found here.
Resources to Become a Critical Supplier
- Overall Safety Equipment Standards from International Safety Equipment Standards Association
- FDA standards for those who want to produce hand sanitizer
- Masks - CDC approval support, test procedures, standards and user notices for respirator manufacturers.
- Medical Face Mask Tests and Requirement
FDA’s has issued new guidance on ventilators “Enforcement Policy for Ventilators and Accessories and Other Respiratory Devices During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency.” They would find it helpful to hear from interested manufacturers and send information outlined on page 12 of the document to CDRH-COVID19-Ventilators@fda.hhs.gov.
The FDA issued two guidelines going into effect immediately on enforcement policy for personal protective equipment (PPE) during COVID-19:
- Enforcement Policy for Face Masks and Respirators During the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency (Revised) (April 2, 2020)
- Enforcement Policy for Gowns, Other Apparel, and Gloves During the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency (March 30, 2020)
The FDA believes the policy set forth in these guidelines may help address urgent public health concerns by helping to expand the availability of:
General-use face masks for the general public:
- Particulate-filtering facepiece respirators (including N95 respirators); and
- Surgical apparel for health care professionals, including gowns (togas), hoods, and surgeon's and patient-examination gloves during this public health emergency.
- Developed by the mHUB team and member entrepreneurs, this protective face shield provides a barrier protection to the facial area from splashes, spray sand spatter of body fluids. This face shield can be quickly manufactured and distributed to respond to immediate demands. More details.
- 3D printing - FDA has published a set of questions and answers relating to 3D printing during the coronavirus pandemic. Other information can be obtained through the FDA-VA-NIH-America Makes public private partnership. This page includes information and links to the Department of Veterans Affairs Innovation Ecosystem connector site, America Makes COVID site; Connecting Manufacturers and Health Care entities, National Institute of Health 3D print Exchange COVID Collection, and certain ASTM International standards.
- Open Source Face Mask - Face shield drawing
- Technical Data Sheet for N95 Respirator/Surgical Cone Face Mask - specifications
- PPE Gown Specifications - specifications
- Licensed medical volunteers can offer their services through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services by registering with the Emergency System for Advance Registration of Volunteer Health Professionals.
- You can go to fema.gov to find out about other volunteer opportunities.