Cook County Technical Assistance Network
Last Updated: 8/14/2020
Cook County and our network of partners are providing a wide variety of technical assistance to help businesses understand the variety of emergency supports and resources. The goal of the program is to keep Cook County businesses informed about federal, state, and local programs to help manage your business during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Technical Assistance Partners
We have partnered various national, state, and local organizations to address the urgent needs of small businesses during this time of crisis. Our partnership consists of the American Business Immigration Coalition, the Illinois Restaurant Association, the National Partnership for New Americans, Chicago Community Loan Fund, and more.
Featured Resource: Helping Businesses Apply for the Federal Paycheck Protection Program
With more than $110 Billion still available and a 24-week extension to spend funding from the forgivable Paycheck Protection Program loan, small businesses, independent contractors, and nonprofits in need of support due to COVID-19 are encouraged to apply. Due to legislation passed in July, 2020, the deadline to apply for the federal government's loan-based relief program is August 8.
Paycheck Protection Program Resources:
- Get free expert assistance completing your Paycheck Protection Program application. If you are a small business, nonprofit, gig worker, or church interested in applying for this program, there is still time! Complete this form for application support today.
- Small Business Administration - Paycheck Protection Program and Covid-19 Resources
- Paycheck Protection Program Borrower Application Form
- FAQs for Lenders and Borrowers
- Find a Small Business Administration approved lender
- U.S. Treasury - Most up to date list of guidance found here
June 23 - Boot Camp on Equitable Recovery
ComEd and Cook County
|April 30 – “What Cook County Non Profits Need to Know about the Paycheck Protection Program”.|
|April 24 – “Document Preparation for the Paycheck Protection Program 2.0”.|
|April 22 – “Accessing and Troubleshooting Restaurant and 1099 Relief Programs in Cook County” (video unavailable)|
|April 8 – “How the Paycheck Protection Program Impacts Small Businesses in Cook County”.|
Other Industry-specific and COVID-19 resources
- Illinois Restaurant Association – Restaurant resources during COVID-19
- Chicago Community Loan Fund – Funding source guide for businesses and non-profit organizations