Cook County Technical Assistance Network
Last Updated: 5/29/2020
Cook County and our network of partners are providing a wide variety of technical assistance to help businesses understand the variety of emergency supports and resources. The goal of the program is to keep Cook County businesses informed about federal, state, and local programs to help manage your business during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Technical Assistance Partners
We have partnered various national, state, and local organizations to address the urgent needs of small businesses during this time of crisis. Our partnership consists of the American Business Immigration Coalition, the Illinois Restaurant Association, the National Partnership for New Americans, Chicago Community Loan Fund, and more.
Featured Resources: Helping Businesses Apply for the Federal Paycheck Protection Program
The Federal Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) is a forgivable loan for businesses, non-profits, and 1099 workers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. It is backed by the Small Business Administration, with original funding for the program of $349 billion (which ran out on 4/16), and an additional $310 billion for the program, $60 billion of which is allocated to community banks, reallocated on 4/27.
Paycheck Protection Program Resources:
- Get free expert assistance completing your Paycheck Protection Program application. If you are a small business, nonprofit, gig worker, or church interested in applying for this program, there is still time! Complete this form for application support today.
- Paycheck Protection Program Borrower Application Form
- How to Calculate Loan Amounts
- FAQs for Lenders and Borrowers
- Find a Small Business Administration approved lender
- U.S. Treasury - Most up to date list of guidance found here
Watch previous webinars on the Paycheck Protection Program
|Topic & Video Link||Documents|
5/28 - What Cook County Businesses & Nonprofits Need to Know about the Paycheck Protection Program Loan Application and Forgiveness.
|April 30 – “What Cook County Non Profits Need to Know about Paycheck Protection Program”.|
|April 24 – “Document Preparation for the Paycheck Protection Program 2.0”.|
|April 22 – “Accessing and Troubleshooting Restaurant and 1099 Relief Programs in Cook County” (video unavailable)|
|April 8 – “How the Paycheck Protection Program Impacts Small Businesses in Cook County”.|
Other Industry-specific and COVID-19 resources
- Illinois Restaurant Association – Restaurant resources during COVID-19
- Chicago Community Loan Fund – Funding source guide for businesses and non-profit organizations
- For other questions and inquiries not answered directly, email us here