Cook County Technical Assistance Network
Last Updated: 1/14/2021
Cook County and our network of partners are providing a wide variety of technical assistance to help businesses understand the variety of emergency supports and resources. The goal of the program is to keep Cook County businesses informed about federal, state, and local programs to help manage your business during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Technical Assistance Partners
We have partnered various national, state, and local organizations to address the urgent needs of small businesses during this time of crisis. Our partnership consists of the American Business Immigration Coalition, the Illinois Restaurant Association, the National Partnership for New Americans, Chicago Community Loan Fund, and more. Please feel free to reach out to any of our partners for assistance.
Our Latest Webinars - Sign up today!
Go here to register for webinars and view our archive.
COVID-19 Small Business Recovery Program
The Cook County COVID-19 Recovery: Small Business Assistance program provides support for small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The program offers advising for small businesses in Cook County and grants for small businesses in suburban Cook County and the unincorporated areas. Although the grant application period is currently closed, go here to apply for free business advising, educational information and answers to frequently asked questions.
- View the National Restaurant Association's summary for restaurants of the new 2021 federal relief here
Resources and additional information:
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) reopened for applications on 1/11/2021. For details, go here.
- Restore Illinois - Tier 3 Resurgence Mitigations effective 11/20/2020 go here
- Small Business Administration - Covid-19 Resources
- U.S. Treasury - Most up to date list of guidance found here
- Small Business Recovery Grant & Technical Assistance
- Southland Development Authority: Small Business Technical Assistance
- President Preckwinkle announces pilot program to deliver meals to those in need. Go here to watch the video.
The Federal Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
One of our partners, the National Partnership for New Americans (NPNA) has produced a guide to the Payroll Protection Program (PPP) Loan Forgiveness. It includes an overview and frequently asked questions. We believe you will find this information useful.
Due to legislation passed in July, 2020, the deadline to apply for this federal government's loan-based relief program, managed by the Small Business Administration (SBA) was August 8.
June 23 - Boot Camp on Equitable Recovery
ComEd and Cook County
|April 30 – “What Cook County Non Profits Need to Know about the Paycheck Protection Program”.|
|April 24 – “Document Preparation for the Paycheck Protection Program 2.0”.|
|April 22 – “Accessing and Troubleshooting Restaurant and 1099 Relief Programs in Cook County” (video unavailable)|
|April 8 – “How the Paycheck Protection Program Impacts Small Businesses in Cook County”.|
Other Industry-specific and COVID-19 resources
- Illinois Restaurant Association – Restaurant resources during COVID-19
- Chicago Community Loan Fund – Funding source guide for businesses and non-profit organizations