Renters' Rights in Foreclosure
The Cook County Law Library Presents: Renters' Rights in Foreclosure
This free program will present an overview of renters' rights in foreclosure, with an emphasis on Chicago tenants. Topics covered include:
- Overview of federal, state and local housing laws
- Introduction to foreclosure and its impact on renters
- Practical issues for renters in foreclosure
- Summary of renter rights and responsibilities
- Illinois protections for renters in foreclosure under the Illinois Mortgage Foreclosure Law (IMFL) and the Forcible Entry and Detainer Act (FEDA)
Presenter: Aileen Flanagan, Esq., Senior Staff Attorney, Lawyers' Committee for Better Housing
Attorneys: .75 hour CLE credit (pending). Bring ARDC card and e-mail address for credit.
This event is free and open to the public. For more information on the Cook County Law Library and our services please consult our website.