Tenants in Foreclosure
This free program will present an overview of tenants' rights in foreclosure, with an emphasis on Chicago tenants. Topics covered include:
- Overview of federal, state and local housing laws
- Introduction to foreclosure and its impact on renters
- Practical issues for renters in foreclosure
- Summary of renter rights and responsibilities
- Illinois protections for renters in foreclosure under the Illinois Mortgage Foreclosure Law (IMFL) and the Forcible Entry and Detainer Act (FEDA)
Presented by the Lawyers' Committee for Better Housing
No CLE credit is available for this session.
This event is free and open to the public. For more information on the Cook County Law Library and our services please consult our website.