Resources for Jury Instructions
This legal research guide features links to official jury instructions in all states where official instructions are available online. Current and historical jury instructions for Illinois are available in print at all Law Library locations. The Daley Center main library has an extensive archive of jury instructions for most states. For resources available within the Law Library see our catalog.
Jury instructions for some states may require state bar association membership or paid subscription. Current and historical jury instructions for most states are also available in print at the Daley Center Main Library. Illinois jury instructions are available at all Law Library branch locations.
- Revised Jury Instructions, Civil - State Bar of Arizona Civil Jury Instructions Committee. Links to current jury instructions located in middle of page.
- Standard Jury Instructions - Civil, Criminal, Contract, and Involuntary Civil Commitment Jury Instructions.
- Pattern Jury Instructions - Subscription required. There are currently no free sources of Georgia Pattern Jury Instructions.
- Civil & Criminal Jury Instructions - Amendments to the Civil Instructions through October 2009 and to the Criminal Instructions through June 2005 are incorporated into the main text; more recent amendments are in separate documents.
- Civil & Criminal Jury Instructions - Requires Iowa State Bar Association membership.
- Pattern Instructions for Kansas: Civil (PIK - Civil) 4th - Subscription required.
- Pattern Instructions for Kansas: Criminal (PIK - Criminal) 4th - Subscription required.
- Jury Instructions - LawReader.com subscription required.
- Jury Instructions Bank - Searchable database of jury instructions. Search by judge, case type, category, or date.
- North Carolina Pattern Jury Instructions (NCPJI) - Subscription required.
- Ohio Jury Instructions (OJI) - Requires Ohio Bar Association membership.
- Franklin County Criminal Law Casebook Jury Instructions
- Oklahoma Uniform Jury Instructions (STOKJU) - Includes Civil, Criminal, and Juvenile Jury Instructions.
- Pattern Jury Instructions, Criminal - Updates only.
- Model Utah Jury Instructions (MUJI) - Includes Civil and Criminal Instructions.
- Criminal Jury Instructions - From the Office of the Rockbridge County and the City of Lexington Commonwealth's Attorney.
- Specific jury instructions may be ordered from the Wisconsin State Law Library.
Note that there are no published jury instructions for the Second Circuit. Some Circuits lack published civil jury instructions.
- Fifth Circuit Jury Instructions (Civil & Criminal) - Also includes links to Model Patent Jury Instructions and Jury Instructions for other Circuits.
- Eleventh Circuit Pattern Jury Instructions Builder - Includes Civil and Criminal Pattern Jury Instructions.
- Model Patent Jury Instructions - From the Federal Circuit Bar Association.
- Model Patent Jury Instructions - From the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
PLEASE NOTE: The websites listed in this guide are for information only and are not endorsed or supported by the Cook County Law Library. Please independently verify the accuracy and currency of all information. Consult an attorney for legal advice.
Compiled by Jean Wenger
Updated March 2021 by David Sanborne