What is the Cook County COVID-19 Recovery: Job Training and Placement Program?
Because of COVID-19, we had a 16% nemployment rate in Cook County
- Women, particularly Black and Latinx, have been the most affected by job losses
- Over 1.24 million Illinois residents filed unemployment claims since March 20
The goals of the program include Increasing available resources in suburban Cook County to assist workers
- Provide job training vouchers to jobseekers and dislocated workers
- Facilitate increased remote training
- Training Vouchers Career Coaching, Access to Job
- Training and Job Search Assistance
- Technology to Enable Remote Learning
- Manufacturing Rapid Response and Training Program
We are in the pre-launch phase of this program and will post more details, including our final network of partners, as they become available.