The application is currently closed. Applications are being reviewed. Processing is underway.
Partnering with the Family Independence Initiative, we launched the COVID-19 Recovery: Cash Assistance Program. The application window was October 26 through November 6, 2020. The Program offered a one-time cash payment of $600 to income eligible suburban Cook County residents who have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Eligibility requirements:
- Must be a resident of suburban Cook County. Residents of the City of Chicago are not eligible for this fund.
- One form of government issued identification that includes your current residential address or two alternative forms of identification
- Proof of your COVID-19 hardship due to unpaid leave, care for vulnerable or infected relatives, or loss of wages due to business or school closures. See acceptable documents here;
- Proof of household income meeting eligibility requirements. Go here;
- Bank information including account and routing number if you choose to direct deposit. You can typically find this on a check.
- Other options include CashApp, PayPal, Chime or pre-paid card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who do I contact if I have questions?
All questions should be routed to the UpTogether Support Center. You can reach the UpTogether Support Center by visiting https://support.uptogether.org. The Support Center has dozens of articles that will answer most of your questions. If you are unable to find an answer after searching for a related article, you can access a live chat feature between the hours of 7am and 7pm CST Monday – Thursday; 8am to 4pm CST Friday, and 10am to 1pm CST Saturday.
To find out more about the Family Independence Initiative, go here.