The Cook County Shared Fleet is a countywide program that is accessible to all Cook County employees for County business.
Shared Fleet vehicles can be reserved for work-related travel Monday through Friday between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
To be eligible to drive a Shared Fleet vehicle, drivers must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Cook County Government employee
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the Bureau of Administration's Fleet Management
To participate in the Shared Fleet program, the departmental Vehicle Coordinator must contact the Bureau of Administration's Fleet Management to request enrollment.
Employees that are enrolled in the Shared Fleet program will receive a vehicle access card that will lock and unlock their reserved vehicle. Only registered users who reserve the vehicle may drive during the time of the reservation.
Some things to keep in mind when driving a Shared Fleet vehicle:
- The vehicle must be re-filled when the gas tank is less than ¼ full.
- WEX fuel cards are available in each vehicle. Employees will receive an assigned fuel gas pin by Cook County to use the card.
- Fueling the vehicle can be done at any commercial gas station that sells the lowest octane gasoline.
- Reserve a vehicle only for the amount of hours needed. Do not reserve a vehicle for a full day if it won't be needed for the full day.
- The Bureau of Administration has the authority to review all reservations and make modifications.
- The Shared Fleet program has 24/7 Help Line – (855) 802-5314
Please e-mail Radoslav.Stoilov@cookcountyil.gov to submit all forms or with any questions.