Medical Examiner's Advisory Committee
The Medical Examiner’s Advisory Committee is an 11 member committee appointed by the President of the Cook County Board of Commissioners.The members are to attend meetings on a quarterly basis, prepare an annual report containing, among other things, recommendations for improving operations of the Medical Examiner’s Office and service to the residents of Cook County.
Please visit the Medical Examiner's Advisory Committee site for more information on this board and its proceedings.
Yes, by Cook County Board
Eleven (11) Commissioners; at least one person from each of the following categories:
- A member of the medical profession;
- A clergyperson;
- A funeral director;
- An attorney from the Cook County State’s Attorney Office;
- A Commissioner representing the people of Cook County;
- A member of the Chicago Police Department;
- A representative from the Cook County Sheriff’s Office, and
- A member of the public
Cook County Code of Ordinances, Section 38-132