A view of one of our interior spaces.
The Department of Real Estate is available to assist County agencies in need of space planning services. For assistance moving forward with a space planning project, please contact the Department of Real Estate’s Space Planner at 1-312-603-0319. Every request for additional space, alterations within existing space, reduction of space or relocation of a department or group begins with the using department submitting the Space Request Form. To be considered, Space Requests and Capital Project Requests must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Corrects code violation
- Corrects a safety or security hazard
- Addresses over-crowding
- Reduces space use or addresses underutilization of space
- Enhances productivity or efficiency
- Relocates inactive records offsite
Cook County Office Standards
- For all space planning projects, Cook County adheres to the County Space Standards, adopted by the Asset Management and Space Standards Ordinance in 2014.
- In order to submit a space request, please read the space allocation request form in its entirety before submitting. Space requests must be approved by the Department’s Director prior to submission. Please fill out page 3 and email to the Real Estate director, Jessica Caffrey, at Jessica.Caffrey@cookcountyil.gov.
- In order to calculate the appropriate amount of space needed by a department, Real Estate will use a Preliminary Programming form to estimate square footage needs based on FTE counts and their positions, storage needs, and associated office functions. Please include this form when submitting your space request.