Spay and Neuter Rebate Program
NOTE: This page contains information for Veterinarians and Animal Hospitals. If you are a member of the public looking for information on spay and neutering for your animals, please see the Spay and Neuter Program page on our main site.
Our Spay & Neuter Program is an annual program held each February that provides a rebate to animal hospitals and clinics for any spay or neuter services provided in that month to Cook County residents.
- This program is conducted in the month of February only.
- Only Cook County Residents are eligible.
- Only two animals per family are allowed to participate in the program.
- All animals participating in the program must have a current rabies vaccination and Cook County rabies tag. Vaccination the day of surgery is permitted.
- If vaccination has been done previously in another county, state or country, and is current, your office may issue a Cook County Rabies Tag ONLY if the vaccination was on or after January 1, 2021. If the vaccination was given prior to December 31, 2020, you must obtain a rabies tag from our office.
- Rebates will be one amount: $40.00 *for each animal whether it’s spay or neuter.
- *All agencies charging less than $40.00 will receive a $20.00 rebate per animal.
- Agencies charging less than $20.00 will not receive a rebate.
Paperwork and Package Instructions
- The Animal Hospital or Clinic must complete and print for submission the:
if the other Excel file does not work for you)
- Also be sure to include a current completed W9 form: W9 Blank Tax Form
- Forms must be legible and include the signature of the Veterinarian.
- The rabies certificate must be attached to the invoice and in the same order as on the participation form.
- All invoices must read “COOK COUNTY REBATE/DISCOUNT” next to the $40.00 deduction. As ordered by the Cook County Auditor, NO rebate will be given without this statement.
- All invoices must be reduced by rebate - credit on a customers' accounts are not acceptable.
- All paperwork must be sent in at one time in one packet.
- Only one check will be issued per hospital.
- Send completed packages to:
Cook County Animal and Rabies Control | 10220 South 76th Avenue | Bridgeview, IL 60455 ATTN: 2020 Spay/Neuter Rebates
- Rebate packets will be accepted starting March 1, 2021 through March 31, 2021.
- No reimbursements will be made if packet is received after March 31, 2021.
- Payments will start May 1, 2021.
ALL GUIDELINES MUST BE MET FOR REIMBURSEMENT