Cook County Board Approves Eight Tax Incentives Designed to Support Economic Growth

October 17, 2018

Cook County Commissioners today approved eight proposals from President Toni Preckwinkle’s Bureau of Economic Development (BED) that will provide tax incentives to businesses in Cook County.

The incentives, which will either create new or save existing jobs, were approved in the following communities: Elk Grove Village, Markham, Maywood, Melrose Park, Riverdale, and Wheeling. 

As a result of redevelopment activities, these incentives should support the creation of an estimated 200 new private sector full-time jobs, retain an estimated 497 full-time jobs and support approximately 65 construction jobs.  

“The companies receiving these incentives have demonstrated their commitment to our communities and residents,” Preckwinkle said. "I’m pleased that we are able to use our tax incentive tools to either keep or expand businesses in Cook County.”

Details on the incentives follow, listed by municipality: 

•    Business Name: Lawrence Building II, LLC, 1200 Lunt Ave., Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Type of Business: Distribution 
Description: The applicant is purchasing subject property to expand distribution for Lawrence Foods, a related entity.
Type of Incentive: Class 6b  
Estimated: 13 full time jobs created; 120 full time jobs retained; 25 construction jobs

•    Business Name: BW Pratt Boulevard, LLC, 1520 Pratt Blvd., Elk Grove Village  
Type of Business: Industrial leasing
Description: The applicant intends to lease 51 percent of the property to Blue Water Builders, Inc., a related entity for its use of light assembly, warehousing and distribution of products used in the construction industry. The applicant intends to lease the remaining 49 percent of the building to an industrial user.
Type of Incentive: Class 6b 
Estimated: 10 full time jobs created; 18 jobs retained; 25 construction jobs

•    Business Name: Dovgal Enterprises LLC, 2064 West 167th St., Markham
Type of Business: Industrial-freight services
Description: The applicant is relocating and expanding from a smaller site to the subject property, which it will own and occupy with a related entity DVL Express.
Type of Incentive: Class 6b
Estimated: 100 jobs created; 150 jobs retained; 25 construction jobs supported

•    Business Name:  National Cycle Inc., 2200 S. Maywood Drive, Maywood
Type of Business: Manufacturing 
Description: The applicant is a world leader in motorcycle windshield manufacturing. Property will be used for industrial purposes. Incentive may not be renewed. 
Type of Incentive: Class 6b Sustainable Emergency Relief (SER)
Estimated: 0 jobs created; 39 retained

•    Business Name:  A-1 Tool Corporation, 1345 Armitage Ave., and 2117 15th Ave., Melrose Park
Type of Business: Manufacturing
Description: Manufacturing, assembling, packaging, warehousing and shipping of plastic injection molds and products for various industries in competitive global market place by the following industries: home appliances, household storage and wasted cans.  Incentive may not be renewed. 
Type of Incentive: Class 6b Sustainable Emergency Relief (SER)
Estimated:  81 jobs retained 

•    Business Name: ABC Auto Parts and Sales, Inc., 13741 South Ashland Ave., Riverdale
Type of Business: Sales
Description: Auto parts and sales company. Incentive may not be renewed.  
Type of Incentive: Class 6b Sustainable Emergency Relief (SER)
Estimated: 0 jobs created; 39 jobs retained

•    Business Name:  Living Royal, Inc., 333 West Hintz Road, Wheeling
Type of Business: Manufacturing
Description: Living Royal manufactures, warehouses and distributes customized socks with specialty designs.
Type of Incentive: Class 6b
Estimated: 75 Full Time Jobs created; 47 retained; 15 construction jobs supported

•    Business Name:  Police 429 LLC, 2220-22 South Foster Ave., Wheeling
Type of Business: Industrial warehousing
Description:  The applicant is relocating and expanding to the subject property, which it will own and occupy with a related entity, Awesome Design Contractors.
Type of Incentive: Class 6b
Estimated: 2 full time jobs created; 3 full time jobs retained


For more about the tax incentive programs offered by the Cook County Bureau of Economic Development, go to www.cookcountyil.gov/economicdevelopment.