President Preckwinkle Unveils Cook County’s 2018 Roadwork Plan
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle unveiled the list of the County’s 2018 pavement preservation and road maintenance construction projects, offering motorists a roadmap for the upcoming construction season.
The Cook County Department of Transportation and Highways plan will improve roads in suburban municipalities at a cost of approximately $7 million dollars.
“Cook County is working diligently to maintain our existing infrastructure while also expanding our role as a regional transportation leader,” Preckwinkle said.
Below are the pavement preservation and rehabilitation projects planned for this year. Many projects will include sidewalk improvements, including the addition of ADA compliant ramps.
Construction is scheduled to begin this spring. Detailed information about each project will be available online.
South and West Cook County:
- 139th Street from Western Avenue to Thornton Road in Blue Island and Dixmoor
- Central Avenue from 127th Street to Illinois Route 83 in Alsip and Crestwood
- 84th Avenue from Nielsen Drive (179th Street) to 171st Street in Tinley Park
- Ridgeland Avenue Frontage Road from 129th Place to 127th Place in Palos Heights
- Eberly Avenue/East Avenue from 47th Street to Ogden Avenue in LaGrange and Brookfield
- Kedzie Avenue from 139th Street to 135th Street in Robbins
- Joe Orr Road at State Street in Chicago Heights
North Cook County:
- Sanders Road at Winkleman Road in Glenview
- Bode Road-Sutton Road to Barrington Road in Hoffman Estates and Streamwood
- Bradwell Road from Barrington Road to Ela Road in Inverness
- Otis Road from Old Sutton Road to Brinker Road in Barrington Hills
- Mundhank Road from Higgins Road to North Meadow Court in South Barrington
- Brinker Road from Algonquin Road to County Line Road in Barrington Hills
Connecting Cook County, the County’s long-range transportation, lays the groundwork for how the County invests in transportation to attract and retain businesses, people, capital and talent. One of the policy priorities in the plan is to maintain and modernize existing infrastructure.