July 30, 2010, Cook County transitioned to an online application system. As of this date, certain Cook County entities (referenced below) not only have their employment positions posted online, but candidates are now only able to apply online for all positions. Applicants can apply from any computer with Internet access, including computers available at specific County facilities, including on the 8th floor of 118 N. Clark Street, Chicago. Paper copies of all on-line posting are also available for viewing in this location.
Be sure to read this before you apply online.
Users of IE9 may experience some “Conversion” error messages when using our online application service, Taleo.
How to Use the Online Application System
The Online Application System allows you to search, review and apply online for all current posted employment opportunities by the County entities listed above.
- All postings under these entities are listed online and must be applied for online through the application system.
- The document below will provide applicants with a step-by-step look at the application process. Applicants are advised to review, and perhaps print, this document prior to entering the system, so that they will be familiar with the process.
- Applicants will need to have or establish their own, personal email account to submit applications.
Please note: the creation of new email accounts must be done prior to using the County computers designated for the application process. These machines will not have access to online sites other than the application system.
The new application system will allow you to create a Candidate Profile with your application information. The profile will capture all of the necessary information to apply for posted positions. To create a profile, simply go to any of the pages listed above and click “Create Profile.”
Once your profile is created, you will also be able to:
- Enter Information Once – Once created, this profile will be active on all of the application sites listed above. It will also save your information for application to future postings.
- Check Status – Logging into your profile will also allow you to check your current application status at any time.
- Receive Alerts – If you do not see any current positions that match your qualifications and/or preferences, you will be able to specify the type of job you are seeking, location, etc. and create an email agent to notify you when new positions are posted which meet your criteria.