Monday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Cook County Department of Transportation and Highways Permits Office P: 312.603.1670
George W. Dunne Cook County Office Building F: 312.603.9943
69 W. Washington, 24th Floor, Chicago, Illinois 60602-3007 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Starting May 01, 2018, the CCDOTH Permits Division requires electronic submissions ONLY for all applications and supporting documents. Applicants that have digital files 25MB or less are required to email their submittals to: email@example.com . Applicants may email larger than 25mb files by way of an information exchange web site. If the submittal is too large to email, mail an electronic copy on flash drive or CD/DVD (PDF format) to the address at the top of the page.
- Before filling out the application please check the Cook County Jurisdiction map to confirm the need of a Cook County Permit. https://maps.cookcountyil.gov/hwyjurisdiction/
Construction/maintenance permits are issued by the Cook County Department of Transportation and Highways Permits Division when any work is required within the Cook County highway right of way. Type of work includes, but is not limited to, cable, fiber optic, wireless antennae, pipeline, residential or commercial access, street entrances, roadway widening, regarding ditch lines, storm or sanitary sewers, water mains, sidewalk, bike paths, informational signage, traffic signals, plantings, soil borings, monitoring wells, road closures, road detours, and parades.
Commonwealth Edison, AT&T North Shore Gas and NIcor, may apply for utility permits to work within the Cook County Department of Transportation and Highways Right of Way under the existing agreement. The designated personnel of these companies may submit applicable documents to the Permit Office.
All permit applicants will be required to submit an Affidavit of Child Support Obligations form with their permit application as of January 1, 2014. See Permit Application form.
Contains all required construction permit documents listed below.
All documents can be downloaded together in this file or downloaded individually below. Note the "Child Support Affidavit" form in this packet must be notarized.
The Construction Permits Information Packet contains the following documents:
- Details the bond and insurance requirements when applying for individual permits. Commonly used for commercial, residential, and government, etc.
- Details the bond and insurance requirements when applying for multiple permits. Commonly used for pipeline, cable, fiber optic and other private utilities etc.
1. Application fee $100 (non-refundable)
2. Permit fees: Please refer to current Ordinances for fee schedules. (Chapter 66 – ROADS AND BRIDGES)
3. Construction/Maintenance Permits Fee Payment by Credit Card.