Cook County Department of Transportation and Highways Permits Office P: 312.603.1670
George W. Dunne Cook County Office Building F: 312.603.9943
69 W. Washington, 24th Floor, Chicago, Illinois 60602-3007 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Starting 10/2020 changes have been made to all forms except application form and insurance.
- Starting 10/2020 bond form now on website.
- The Cook County Department of Transportation and Highways (CCDOTH) Permits Division only accepts electronic (PDF format) submissions. Applicants that have digital files 25MB or less shall email their submittals to: email@example.com. Electronic applications can also be submitted via email with an information exchange web site link or mailed (not preferred) on a flash drive or CD/DVD mailed to the address at the top of the page.
- Before filling out the application please check the Cook County Jurisdiction map to confirm the need of a Cook County Permit. https://maps.cookcountyil.gov/hwyjurisdiction/
Construction/maintenance permits are issued by the Cook County Department of Transportation and Highways Permits Division when any work is required within the Cook County highway right of way. Type of work includes, but is not limited to, cable, fiber optic, wireless antennae, pipeline, residential or commercial access, street entrances, roadway widening, regarding ditch lines, storm or sanitary sewers, water mains, sidewalk, bike paths, informational signage, traffic signals, plantings, soil borings, monitoring wells, road closures, road detours, and parades.
Commonwealth Edison, AT&T North Shore Gas and NIcor, may apply for utility permits to work within the Cook County Department of Transportation and Highways Right of Way under the existing agreement. The designated personnel of these companies may submit applicable documents to the Permit Office.
Contains all required documents for commercial, residential, government, etc. permits. All documents can be downloaded together together in this file or downloaded individually below.
Contains all required documents for utilities such as pipeline, cable, fiber optic, wireless and other private utilities, etc. permits. All documents can be downloaded together in this file or downloaded individually below.
The Construction Permits Packet contains the following documents:
General permit process directions.
Application form to obtain construction permit.
All permit applicants will be required to submit a Child Support form with their permit application
Form gives instruction on application fee.
Used for commercial, residential, and government, etc. Details the bond and insurance requirements when applying for individual permits.
Used for pipeline, cable, fiber optic, wireless and other private utilities, etc. Details the bond and insurance requirements when applying for multiple permits.
General terms and conditions for all construction permit work
1. Application fee $100 (non-refundable) See above Application Fee Form.
2. Permit fees: Please refer to current Ordinances for fee schedules. (Chapter 66 – ROADS AND BRIDGES)
3. Construction/Maintenance Permits Fee Payment by Credit Card.