Building Permit Requirement Guidelines
All permits must now be submitted in digital format.
To facilitate the approval of a building permit application, please review the requirements for your construction project as listed on the flyers available in the right hand column in alphabetical order, and make your submission digitally.
Please choose the applicable flyer for your specific project(s). Please note that the following list of requirements may not reflect all documents and items required for permit review and approval. During the review process, there may be additional items and documents requested by staff. Also, the permit may require permits from other local, state or federal agencies and you will be notified of these requirements during the permit review process.
All electronic submissions will require a deposit of $100 for residential projects or $500 for non-residential projects that will be payable online. Applications delivered in person shall be accompnied by a check made payable to "COOK COUNTY COLLECTOR" for the same deposit fee. The deposit will be deducted from the final permit fee amount.
To submit permit applications, please email us at: email@example.com
Permit Tips and Submission Requirements:
Procedures to resolve permit deficiencies:
Reviews and Advisories
- Architectural Advisory for Single Family Residences:
- Architectural Advisory for All Structures Other than Single Family Residences:
- Engineering Advisory:
- Engineering Review Requirements:
- Site Engineering Review Requirements for Single Family Residences:
- Site Engineering Review Requirements for Commercial, Industrial & Grading Construction:
Specific requirements for the following unincorporated townships:
- Maine Township Requirements Maine Township Flyer.pdf
- Northfield Township Requirements Northfield Township.pdf
- Palos Township Requirements Palos Township.pdf
- Schaumburg Township Requirements Schaumburg Township.pdf
- Wheeling Township Requirements Wheeling Township.pdf
- Worth Township Requirements Worth Township.pdf