Monday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm
The Bureau of Technology (BOT) plans, develops and maintains enterprise technology services according to its guiding principles: lifecycle management, cloud-first, shared-first, sustainability, transparency, continuity, Countywide standardization and reuse before buy and buy before build. BOT provides cost-effective and easy-to-use services for residents and County employees.
Mandates and Key Activities
- Deliver and manage Countywide shared technology resources
- Direct Countywide technology policy and the establishment of Countywide technology standards, including guidance under the County’s Open Government Ordinance (Ordinance 14-0076)
- Review all technology procurements to discourage duplicative spending, encourage efficient returns on investment, and ensure compliance with County technology standards and policies (Ordinance 14-1232)
- Collaborate with the Information Security Working Group to establish and report on the Information Security Framework, as well as take appropriate actions to protect the County’s network against security threats (Ordinance 14-1481)
- Facilitate the integration of an automated Cook County Criminal Justice System and update the Board on progress toward such goal (Resolution 13-2002)
- Review all Software and Technology Hardware Asset Inventories and prepare a consolidated report and strategic document annually for submission to the Board (Ordinance No. 16-3977).
- Provide access to County GIS data in accordance with County ordinance (Chapter 2, Article IV, Division 3, Subdivision II, §2-220).
Establishes IT strategy and leads collaboration with elected offices. Manages accounting, oversees contract negotiations and manages countywide IT contracts.
Applications and Development
Provides consulting, development, enhancement, maintenance, and support of applications. Resolves application incidents.
Provides data guidance, support, and best practices to aid the County in providing efficient services to residents. Maintains the Cook County Data Portal.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) handles enterprise systems in areas including Financials, Budget, Supply Chain, Purchasing, Inventory, Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll and Performance Management.
Geographic Information Systems
Provides maintenance of and access to the County's enterprise geographic information system. Engages in geospatial data management, analysis and modeling, training, and application development.
Information Security Office (ISO)
Protects the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all Cook County information by leveraging cybersecurity capabilities across the enterprise and informing system stakeholders on cyber risk.
Information Technology is the public information office of the Bureau.
Legislative and Legal Affairs
Manages the Bureau's legislative agenda. Monitors local, state and national legislation related to technology. Manages contracts and vendors. Provides legal counsel.
On-site Desktop Support
Provides on-site troubleshooting of, and support for, technological equipment for various departments under the County Board President and other elected officials.
Mainframe Print Operations
Oversees the County's large-scale print jobs created from the mainframe, including: Assessor documents, accounts payable checks, Board of Review documents, jury summons, and revenue letters.
Program Management Office
Provides technology program and project management services. Engages in business analysis, requirements development, risk management scope and proposal development and proposal development.
Server Engineer Team and Data Center Operations
Oversees operations of and policy for IT systems architecture; provides advanced troubleshooting of, and support for, application servers; manages data center infrastructure.
Systems Management and Service Desk
Provides advanced troubleshooting of, and support for, technological equipment; packages software for deployment and implements deployment; engages in consultation and project work.
Telecommunications and Network Support
Oversees administration and management of the County's voice and data telecommunication services.