To deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social well being of the people of Cook County.
Mandates and Key Activities
- Maintains compliance with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid across the system
- Maintains compliance with the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Illinois Health Facilities and Services Review Board across the system
- Complies with the Shakman Decrees across the system
- Complies with Cook County Human Rights Ordinance across the system
- Maintains Laboratory accreditation by College of American Pathologists (CAP) and The Joint Commission
- Complies with the privacy management provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) and other state and federal laws protecting the confidentiality of health information across the system