The Secretary to the Board of Commissioners provides legislative support and information for the Cook County Board of Commissioners, President, elected officials, agencies, departments and members of the public so items can be presented for consideration.
The Secretary to the Board also provides information regarding the proceedings and policies of the Board so the legislative process will be efficient, effective, open and transparent.
Mandates and Key Activities
- Staffs meetings of the County Board and the Forest Preserve District of Cook County
- Oversees Board’s administrative budget
- Assists commissioners in administration of their office budgets Prepares County Board and Forest Preserve Board committee notices, agendas and reports
- Prepares and distribute new items, consent calendars, errata and other items for County Board and Forest Preserve Board meetings
- Maintains official voting records for County Board and Forest Preserve Board committee meetings
- Maintains official record of all items referred to County Board's legislative committees and subcommittees
- Provides live streaming of County Board and Forest Preserve Board proceedings online
- Maintains official record of all items heard before Forest Preserve Board Maintains audio and video recordings of County Board and Forest Preserve Board meetings
- Provides a website for public and staff allowing access to materials prepared in support of Board and Forest Preserve activity
- Coordinates public hearings as well as the annual budget meetings Assists departments, County residents and all interested parties on research questions and activities
- Assists the Office of the President in preparation and presentation of County Board and Forest Preserve Board agenda