Shakman Exempt Current Openings
Offices Under the President Open Exempt Positions
- Aide to the Commissioner I -- Cook County Board of Commissioners-12th District
- Aide to the Commissioner I -- Ninth District Communications and Constituent Affairs Associate
- Aide to the Commissioner I -- Ninth District Latin X Outreach Associate
- Bureau Chief - Construction -- Department of Transportation and Highways
- Bureau Chief - Project Development -- Department of Transportation and Highways
- Contract Administrator -- Office of the Chief Procurement Officer
- Deputy Director of Communications -- Office of Economic Development
- Deputy Executive Officer -- Office of the Medical Examiner
- Director of Equity and Inclusion -- Office of the President
- Director of Research Operations and Innovations -- Office of the Chief Administrative Officer
- EEO/AAP Officer -- Bureau of Human Resources
- Employee Benefits Manager -- Department of Risk Management
- Financial Research Analyst IV -- Office of the Chief Financial Officer
- Labor Liaison Officer -- Labor Relations
- Legal Counsel -- Human Rights and Ethics
- Legislative Coordinator I -- Office of the President
- Public Information Officer -- Bureau of Administration
- Public Information Officer -- Department of Emergency Management and Regional Security
- Public Information Officer -- Office of the Chief Procurement Officer
- Relationship Manager -- Bureau of Asset Management
- Senior Labor Liaison Officer -- Labor Relations
- Special Assistant for Legal Affairs -- Bureau of Human Resources
- Special Assistant for Legal Affairs -- Office of the Chief Administrative Officer
How do I apply?
Job titles listed above are linked to their full job descriptions for download.
All applications are being accepted electronically. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please do not mail in application materials.
Please email a cover letter and resume to ShakmanExemptApplications@cookcountyil.gov.
When are resumes due?
Post offer testing
All new employees will be required to submit to a satisfactory drug test and background check, based on reports obtained from law enforcement authorities. The reports are based on results from fingerprints taken from all new hires.
Pursuant to Executive Order 2021-1, issued on August 20, 2021, the Cook County Bureau of Human Resources (“BHR”) has adopted a mandatory vaccination policy requiring Sars-COV-2 (COVID-19) vaccinations for all County employees. Cook County’s vaccine mandate is critical for the health of employees and a requirement to maintain safe in-person operations. You may request an exemption from the requirement for medical or religious reasons. Accordingly, new employees who start after the effective date of this policy must be either fully vaccinated or submit a request for reasonable accommodation prior to onboarding. If you request a reasonable accommodation and are denied, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination to Personnel Services prior to the start of employment. You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or two weeks after one dose of a single-dose vaccine.