Shakman Exempt Current Openings
Offices Under the President Open Exempt Positions
- Business Manager III -- Office of the Chief Financial Officer
- Business Manager III -- Office of Contract Compliance
- Contract Administrator -- Office of the Chief Procurement Officer
- Deputy Director of Communications -- Enterprise Technology
- Deputy Director of Communications -- Office of Economic Development
- Director of Policy -- Bureau of Human Resources
- Director of Strategic Projects -- Office of the Chief Financial Officer
- Executive Assistant II -- Department of Budget and Management Services
- Hearing Officer -- Bureau of Human Resources
- Labor Liaison Officer -- Labor Relations
- Public Information Officer -- Office of the Chief Procurement Officer
- Relationship Manager -- Bureau of Asset Management
- Senior Labor Liaison Officer -- Labor Relations
How do I apply?
Job titles listed above are linked to their full job descriptions for download.
All applications are being accepted electronically. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please do not mail in application materials.
Please email a cover letter and resume to ShakmanExemptApplications@cookcountyil.gov.
When are resumes due?
Post offer testing
All new employees will be required to submit to a satisfactory drug test and background check, based on reports obtained from law enforcement authorities. The reports are based on results from fingerprints taken from all new hires.
Pursuant to Executive Order 2021-1, issued on August 20, 2021, the Cook County Bureau of Human Resources (“BHR”) has adopted a mandatory vaccination policy requiring Sars-COV-2 (COVID-19) vaccinations for all County employees. Cook County’s vaccine mandate is critical for the health of employees and a requirement to maintain safe in-person operations. You may request an exemption from the requirement for medical or religious reasons. Accordingly, new employees who start after the effective date of this policy must be either fully vaccinated or submit a request for reasonable accommodation prior to onboarding. If you request a reasonable accommodation and are denied, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination to Personnel Services prior to the start of employment. You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or two weeks after one dose of a single-dose vaccine.