Shakman Exempt Current Openings
Offices Under the President Open Exempt Positions
- Administrative Analyst II -- Justice Advisory Council
- Administrative Analyst V -- Office of the Chief Administrative Officer
- Aide to the Commissioner II -- Board of Commissioners
- Animal Control Administrator/Director
- Assistant Deputy Chief Administrative Officer -- Bureau of Administration
- Assistant to Director of Capital Planning and Policy -- Asset Management
- Assistant Grants Management Director -- Justice Advisory Council
- Business Manager III -- Bureau of Finance
- Business Manager III -- Office of the President
- Chief Data Officer -- Bureau of Technology
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) -- Bureau of Finance
- Data and Research Director -- Justice Advisory Council
- Deputy Administrator Animal Control Veterinarian -- Animal and Rabies Control
- Deputy Chief of Staff -- President's Office
- Deputy Director of Capital Planning and Policy -- Asset Management
- Deputy Director of Internal Communications -- Bureau of Human Resources
- Deputy Director of Operations -- Emergency Management & Regional Security
- Deputy Director of Real Estate -- Asset Management
- Deputy Director of Research Operations and Innovation -- Bureau of Administration
- Deputy Director of Veteran Affairs
- Director of Enterprise Systems Architecture -- Enterprise Technology
- Director of External Affairs -- Office of the President
- Director of Financial Affairs and Grants Management -- Department of Economic Development
- Director of Financial Control III -- Justice Advisory Council
- Director of Policy -- Office of the President
- Director of Project Management Office -- Bureau of Technology
- Director of Revenue Collections & Recovery -- Department of Revenue
- Financial Research Analyst IV -- Office of the Chief Financial Officer
- Labor Liaison Officer – Department of Labor Relations
- Legislative Coordinator I -- Bureau of Economic Development
- Legislative Coordinator II -- Justice Advisory Council
- Legislative Coordinator II -- Office of the President
- Project Director -- Economic Development
- Public Information Officer - Bureau Economic Development
- Public Information Officer -- Office of the Chief Financial Officer
- Re-Entry Services Manager -- Justice Advisory Council
- Senior Administrator of Facilities Management -- Department of Facilities Management
- Senior Labor Liaison Officer – Bureau of Human Resources
- Special Assistant for Legal Affairs – Enterprise Technology
- Special Assistant for Legal Affairs – Bureau of Human Resources
- Special Assistant for Legal Affairs -- Department of Procurement
- Special Assistant for Legal Affairs -- Department of Revenue
- Tax Policy Analyst -- Office of the President
- Workforce Strategy Auditor and Training Specialist -- Bureau of Human Resources
How do I apply?
Job titles listed above are linked to their full job descriptions for download.
All applications are being accepted electronically. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please do not mail in application materials.
Please email a cover letter and resume to ShakmanExemptApplications@cookcountyil.gov.
When are resumes due?
Post offer testing
All new employees will be required to submit to a satisfactory drug test and background check, based on reports obtained from law enforcement authorities. The reports are based on results from fingerprints taken from all new hires.
Pursuant to Executive Order 2021-1, issued on August 20, 2021, the Cook County Bureau of Human Resources (“BHR”) has adopted a mandatory vaccination policy requiring Sars-COV-2 (COVID-19) vaccinations for all County employees. Cook County’s vaccine mandate is critical for the health of employees and a requirement to maintain safe in-person operations. You may request an exemption from the requirement for medical or religious reasons. Accordingly, new employees who start after the effective date of this policy must be either fully vaccinated or submit a request for reasonable accommodation prior to onboarding. If you request a reasonable accommodation and are denied, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination to Personnel Services prior to the start of employment. You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or two weeks after one dose of a single-dose vaccine.