Shakman Exempt Current Openings
Offices Under the President Open Exempt Positions
- Administrative Analyst II -- Judicial Advisory Council
- Animal Control Administrator/Director
- Assistant Superintendent -- Department of Transportation and Highways
- Assistant to Director of Capital Planning and Policy -- Asset Management
- Business Manager III -- Office of the President
- Chief Data Officer
- Deputy Bureau Chief -- Asset Management
- Deputy Chief of Staff -- President's Office
- Deputy Director of Capital Planning and Policy -- Asset Management
- Deputy Director -- Office of Contract Compliance
- Deputy Director of Communications
- Deputy Director of Human Resources – Workforce Administration
- Deputy Director of Operations -- Emergency Management & Regional Security
- Deputy Director of Real Estate -- Asset Management
- Deputy Director of Revenue
- Deputy Secretary to the Cook County Board of Commissioners
- Director of Grants Management -- Department of Budget & Management Services
- Director of Human Resources
- Director of Project Management Office -- Bureau of Technology
- Director (Telecommunications) -- Bureau of Technology
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Outreach Manager -- Bureau of Human Resources
- Grants Management Director -- Comptrollers
- Labor Counsel – Department of Labor Relations
- Labor Liaison Officer – Department of Labor Relations
- Legislative Coordinator – Justice Advisory Council
- Planning & Preparedness Manager -- Emergency Management & Regional Security
- Public Information Officer – Bureau of Human Resources
- Racial Equity Coordinator -- Offices Under the President
- Senior Labor Liaison Officer – Bureau of Human Resources
- Solid Waste Coordinator
- Special Assistant for Governmental and Legislative Affairs
- Special Assistant for Legal Affairs – Enterprise Technology
- Special Assistant for Legal Affairs – Bureau of Economic Development (BED)
- Special Assistant for Legal Affairs – Bureau of Human Resources
- Special Assistant for Legal Affairs – Chief Administrative Officer
- Workforce Strategy Auditor and Training Specialist
How do I apply?
Job titles listed above are linked to their full job descriptions for download.
All applications are being accepted electronically. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please do not mail in application materials.
Please email a cover letter and resume to ShakmanExemptApplications@cookcountyil.gov.
When are resumes due?
Post offer testing
All new employees will be required to submit to a satisfactory drug test and background check, based on reports obtained from law enforcement authorities. The reports are based on results from fingerprints taken from all new hires.
Pursuant to Executive Order 2021-1, issued on August 20, 2021, the Cook County Bureau of Human Resources (“BHR”) has adopted a mandatory vaccination policy requiring Sars-COV-2 (COVID-19) vaccinations for all County employees. Cook County’s vaccine mandate is critical for the health of employees and a requirement to maintain safe in-person operations. You may request an exemption from the requirement for medical or religious reasons. Accordingly, new employees who start after the effective date of this policy must be either fully vaccinated or submit a request for reasonable accommodation prior to onboarding. If you request a reasonable accommodation and are denied, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination to Personnel Services prior to the start of employment. You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or two weeks after one dose of a single-dose vaccine.