Monday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
The lobby of the Cook County Building, (shown above) one of the facilities serviced by our department. All total, it comes to 12,689,231 square feet with repairs and maintenance of our County properties that our department services.
Maintain and operate Cook County facilities in a cost effective manner for both the general public and various Cook County Departments in order to provide a safe, reliable, and clean environment, conducive and supportive to carrying out the business and services of the County.
- Compliance with D.O.J. Agreement, I.D.J.J., and Life Safety Codes.
- Ensure life safety code compliance in all facilities
- Maintain all facilities outside the Department of Corrections. Total square footage of7,644,884 includes Courthouses, County Building, Warehouses, Medical Examiners, Highway District properties, and Branch Courthouses.
- Maintain the Department of Corrections, the largest single site jail in the nation, with capacity for 10,000+ inmates, currently at approximately 7,600 overnight inmates and 3,500 employees, in addition to a 14 story commercial high rise and the Leighton courthouse with the second most court calls in the nation. Total square footage 4,993,354.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of all facilities and snow removal outside the Department of Corrections & JTDC East. Total tenant square footage of 5,124,766 with an additional 2,290,592 in garage space.
- Building operations, energy efficiency, building equipment and preventative maintenance programs at all County properties; total square footage of 12,417,081.
- Repairs and maintenance of all properties; total square footage of 12,689,231.
- Operate buildings in an energy efficient manner.
View maps prepared by Cook County Geographic Information System (GIS), showing places of interest in Cook County, including facilities.
- Director, Bilqis Jacobs-El
- Deputy Director, Jail Complex: Michael Carberry
- Deputy Director, Outlying Facilities, Mike Gandhi
Facilities Management is charged with maintaining the County’s physical plant, which is comprised of approximately eleven million square feet. These facilities include: the Cook County Jail complex, Cook County Criminal Courts & Administration Building, Cook County Building, five suburban courthouses (Bridgeview, Markham, Maywood, Skokie, and Rolling Meadows), Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, Domestic Violence Courthouse, Forensic Institute, Hawthorne Warehouse, and Rockwell Warehouse.
- 1 of 3
- next ›