he Cook County Department of Planning and Development is committed to cultivating vital communities by fostering economic opportunities and business development; preserving and expanding the supply of safe, decent, and affordable housing; facilitating infrastructure improvements; promoting fair housing; and supporting social services and programs that address the needs of some the County’s most vulnerable residents.
Mandates and Key Activities
- Supports the expansion of economic opportunities
- Supports sustainable community investment
- Implements affordable housing strategies
- Supports social service and homelessness programs
- Improves performance and capacity of grants management personnel
DPD consists of programmatic divisions which are supported by legal, financial, and compliance functions:
- Affordable Housing
- Community Development - Includes Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Programs
- Disaster Recovery and Resilience (CDBG-DR)
- Economic Development Programs
Click here to view our public notices.