Monday: 8:30 am-7:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am-7:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am-7:00 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am-7:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am-6:00 pm
All Law Library branch locatons are now open to the public and following social distancing guidelines in order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. The Law Library Main Branch, located in Daley Center, is currently open from 8 am - 4 pm. Current COVID-19 guidelines include, but are not limited to; all patrons must undergo screening prior to entering the Daley Center and face coverings are required to be worn over the nose and mouth at all times. If you need legal research assistance, reference librarians are still available to serve you. Please e-mail your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312.603.5423 and leave a message for the reference department.
Todas las ubicaciones de las sucursales de la Biblioteca de Derecho están ahora abiertas al público y siguen las pautas de distanciamiento social para ayudar a prevenir la propagación de COVID-19. La sucursal principal de la biblioteca de derecho, ubicada en Daley Center, está abierta actualmente de 8 am a 4 pm. Las pautas actuales de COVID-19 incluyen, pero no se limitan a; Todos los usuarios deben someterse a un examen antes de ingresar al Daley Center y se requiere que se cubran la nariz y la boca en todo momento. Si necesita asistencia de investigación legal, los bibliotecarios de referencia están disponibles para servirle. Envíe su consulta por correo electrónico a email@example.com o llame al 312.603.5423 y deje un mensaje para el departamento de referencia.
***Access to LexisAdvance and Westlaw Patron Access are also available offsite for library patrons (free but requires signup). ***
For LexisAdvance please click HERE
For Westlaw Patron Access please click HERE
The Cook County Law Library (CCLL) serves the legal information needs of the legal profession, judiciary, self-represented litigants, and the public. CCLL connects residents to legal information.
The Main Law Library, located in the Daley Center in downtown Chicago, offers all library users an extensive collection of practical legal resources in print and many premier legal databases. Specialized collections include government documents and foreign and international law including current and historical materials.
The Law Library has five branch locations at outlying courthouses: Criminal Courts, Bridgeview, Maywood, Markham, and Skokie. All library locations are open Monday-Friday, excluding court holidays.
Timely, authoritative legal resources promote access to justice for all.
Wi-Fi Internet access is available at all Library locations. Passwords are available upon request from Library staff.
- In the Daley Center the network name is ICN.
- The network name is "Law Library" at all other locations.
All Law Library visitors must abide by the Library Rules for Use. Note that Library rules prohibit the use of the Library "in lieu of an office for the practice of law or any other professional, business, or related activity" (Cook County Code of Ordinances, sec. 50-33(a)(2)).
Library Mission and Key Mandates
To promote equitable access to justice by providing residents, attorneys and public officials with a robust collection of legal information resources and offering high-quality legal research assistance.
- Establish and maintain a public County Law Library, including branches, freely available to all licensed Illinois attorneys, judges and other public officers of the County, and all members of the public.
- Assist members of the bench, bar, public officials, and members of the public with legal research.
- Support access to justice by developing and expanding services for self-represented litigants including increased access to legal information and advice through a self-help environment.
- Identify the changing service needs of the legal profession and public through ongoing client contacts and internal evaluation insuring maximum service in the areas of greatest demand.
- Acquire, develop and maintain a practice-oriented collection of legal research materials in print and electronic format to meet the needs of our diverse patron clientele.