COVID-19 Recovery: Emergency Rental Assistance Program
Is COVID-19 making it difficult for you to pay rent or utilities?
We can help.
If you have experienced financial hardship during the pandemic and need assistance to pay your rent and/or utility bills, you may be eligible for Cook County Emergency Rental Assistance.
Find if you qualify below and apply by October 29, 2021.
Do you qualify for Cook County Emergency Rental Assistance?
- Are you a renter or landlord in suburban Cook County?
- Have you experienced financial hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Do you have a current or future obligation to pay rent, utilities, and/or other housing-related expenses?
- Is your household annual income at or below these requirements?
Household Size 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Income $52,200 $59,650 $67,100 $74,550 $80,550 $86,500 $92,450 $98,450
If you answered yes to all four questions, you are eligible to apply for up to 18 months of total assistance.
Step 1: Prepare to Apply
Download our checklist to help you prepare to apply:
Download the Renter checklist PDF to find out if you qualify and what documents you’ll need in order to be ready to apply.
Download the Landlord checklist PDF to find out if your tenants qualify and what documents you’ll need in order to be ready to apply.
Step 2: Fill Out the Online Application
Applications are currently open. The deadline to apply is October 29, 2021.
Watch the application tutorial video below to get a step-by-step guide about how to complete your application.
Do you have questions?
Learn the answers to frequently asked questions about the program, the application process, the documents you need to apply, and much more.
Need help with your application? Do you have questions?
Reach out to our help center at (833) 221-9821
8 a.m. - 6 p.m. CST
Help is available in multiple languages.
Other Available Assistance Resources
If you do not qualify for this program or you are looking for other forms of assistance, below are links to other programs for COVID-19 financial assistance:
- Legal Aid for Housing and Debt Program
- Rent Help for Chicago
- Help for City of Chicago and State of Illinois Residents
See Our Impact
- A Safe Haven
- Arab American Family Services
- BEDS Plus Care, Inc.
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago
- Center of Concern
- Connections for the Homeless
- Housing Choice Partners
- Housing Forward
- Metropolitan Tenants Organization
- Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago
- Northwest Compass, Inc
- Oak Park Regional Housing Center
- Open Communities
- Respond Now
- South Suburban Housing Center
- The Link & Option Center, Inc.
- Thornton Township
- YWCA Metropolitan Chicago