Monday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
The Cook County Department of Environment and Sustainability works to improve the quality of the environment for all residents of Cook County.
Mandates and Key Activities
- Enforce Cook County Environmental Control Ordinance
- Implement Illinois EPA cooperative agreements on pollution control, inspection
- Administer U.S. EPA, DOE and other grant agreements
- Permit and inspect industrial and commercial fuel-burning equipment, asbestos abatement, demolition, solid waste facilities, open burning and facilities that store hazardous chemicals for environmental compliance
- Investigate citizen complaints and ordinance violations
- Reduce waste in energy, materials and water
- Prepare solid waste plan for suburban Cook County
- Monitor air quality for the U.S. EPA
As of December 1, 2017, the Cook County Department of Environmental Control is now the Department of Environment and Sustainability
Sustainability in Cook County
Have you seen Cook County’s sustainability website?
At Cook County we want to lead by example. At the site you’ll find information about County projects to lower our environmental footprint and our costs.
- 1 of 2
- next ›