From the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, President Preckwinkle and all of Cook County Government have worked tirelessly to protect the health, safety, and wellbeing of the County’s 5.2 million residents. This Cook County COVID-19 Response Plan: From Rapid Response to Equitable Recovery documents our initial, rapid response to the COVID-19 crisis and outlines our priorities for an equitable recovery over the next several months.
The plan is grounded in our core values of equity, engagement, and excellence, and builds from the six policy priorities established in the Policy Roadmap: Five-Year Strategic Plan for Offices Under the President.
The needs arising from the COVID-19 pandemic evolve quickly, so we are committed to updating and revising this plan for an equitable recovery as new information becomes available. Be sure to check back over the coming months for updates to our approach.
If you have questions or comments about the Cook County COVID-19 Response Plan, feel free to reach out to Mara Heneghan, Director of Policy for Offices Under the President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Share feedback. We are committed to incorporating the voices of community, industry and thought partners as well as other stakeholders as we craft an equitable future for all. Please fill out this feedback form to provide input.
- Get help. The Cook County Department of Public Health established a multi-lingual COVID-19 Hotline (708-633-3319) and an email address (email@example.com) to field questions from the public about COVID-19.
- Tune in. Follow us on social media (@tonipreckwinkle and @cookcountygov on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) to find out when our Virtual Town Halls, Facebook Lives, and Webinars are taking place!
- Stay informed. Sign up for President Preckwinkle’s monthly newsletter and text AlertCook to 888-777 to opt-in to receive the latest COVID-19 alerts and information.
- Track data. We've made COVID-19-related data available through the Cook County Social Vulnerability Index Dashboard and the Medical Examiner COVID-19 Dashboard.