Cook County is pleased to offer multiple voluntary benefits options offered through Mercer, administered by Benefit Harbor. These plans are a useful tool to protect your financial security. Employees are encouraged to select benefit options that fit your family’s needs when the unexpected happens. Plus, a convenient payroll deduction makes payments easy.
The plans listed below are in effect November 1, 2019.
Group Accident Insurance (Aflac)
- Accident Insurance pays a lump sum benefit directly to you (unless otherwise assigned) for injuries caused by a covered accident.
- Group Accident Insurance Brochure
Group Critical Illness Insurance (Aflac)
- Critical Illness Insurance pays a lump sum benefit upon diagnosis of a covered critical illness, such as a heart attack, stroke or internal cancer.
- Group Critical Illness Insurance Brochure
Group Hospital Indemnity Insurance (Aflac)
- If you have a covered illness or injury which results in hospitalization, Hospital Indemnity Insurance pays out a lump sum regardless of the cost of care.
- Group Hospital Indemnity Insurance Brochure
Short Term Disability Insurance (Allstate)
- An injury or sickness may slow you down, but it won’t slow down your monthly bills. Short Term Disability Insurance provides a monthly benefit if you are disabled from an off-the-job injury and cannot work.
- Short Term Disability Insurance Brochure
Universal Life Insurance (Allstate)
- A death not only leaves behind loved ones, but also potentially overwhelming financial obligations. Universal Life Insurance provides your beneficiary a lump-sum cash benefit in the event of your death.
- Universal Life Insurance Brochure
Identity Theft Protection (LegalShield)
- IDShield provides identity theft protection and identity restoration services, for you and your family.
- IDShield Benefit Overview
Legal Service Plan (LegalShield)
- LegalShield provides you with direct access to a dedicated law firm who will answer your personal legal questions and help resolve life’s legal matters.
- LegalShield Benefit Overview
Employees enrolled in a Universal Life Insurance plan through AIG will no longer have payroll deductions effective November 1, 2019. Employees will receive monthly statements directly from AIG to maintain coverage. Current IDShield and LegalShield participants will be automatically enrolled in the enhanced plan effective November 1, 2019.