File updates on Friday, March 13, 2020 may have impacted your personal account information. Nationwide is working to restore the information.
The Chicago Office of Nationwide Retirement Solutions at 205 W. Randolph St., Ste. 1540, will be closed to walk-in consultations in response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
- The local office closure will be extended until further notice for the safety of participants. Nationwide will closely monitor the situation and will reopen as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Nationwide remains committed to assisting participants during this period of market volatility.
- Individual consultations will continue to be available to participants via phone. Click here to schedule an appointment that’s convenient for you.
- Contact (855) 457-2665 to speak with a representative. Note that call volumes have been unusually high, leading to longer wait times or the need for callbacks.
- Investment advice may be obtained at CookCountyDC.com by accessing the My Investment Planner tool in the Learning Center. Investment changes may also be made on the Plan web site.
Nationwide appreciates your patience during this time and apologizes for any inconvenience this temporary office closure may cause. Please monitor CookCountyDC.com for updates.
Cook County offers a Section 457 deferred compensation plan as a tax-deferred method for you to save for retirement. Employees enrolled in the plan make voluntary contributions each pay period and invest in an array of investment options to help prepare for their income needs in retirement. This account is a voluntary contribution that can help to bridge the gap between your defined benefit plan (pension) and how much you will need while in retirement.
Information Update: IRS increases deferral limit in 2020 to $19,500.
The IRS is increasing your retirement plan deferral limit from $19,000 to $19,500. This means you may be able to save more money for retirement! The catch-up deferral limit for employees age 50 and over will increase to $6,500.
You can login into your account to make changes to your deferral amount at www.cookcountydc.com.
Deferred Compensation Plan Documents
Deferred Compensation Committee Members 2019
Article IX Deferred Compensation Committee
Section 9.01. Membership of Committee. A committee of at least nine (9) members shall be known as the “Deferred Compensation Committee” (hereafter the “Committee). The following individuals shall serve on the Committee: Chief Administrative Officer, County Comptroller, Comptroller of the Forest Preserve District, a representative appointed by the Chief Executive Officer of the County Health and Hospital System, and a Representative appointed by the County Treasurer. The remaining members shall be appointed by the President of the Count Board of Commissioners. The Committee shall appoint, select, or elect a Chairperson, a Vice Chairperson, and a Secretary, under such policies and procedures as are adopted by the Committee. All members of the Committee shall serve without compensation.