OPEN ENROLLMENT - Plan Year 2022
Open Enrollment is your one time of the year to verify your personal benefits information, make any changes you wish to your plan elections, enroll in a flexible spending account (FSA) and add or remove dependents.
Enrollment requires using Employee Self-Service (ESS).You may also log in to ESS from a computer outside of the County's network. Required documentation must be scanned and uploaded to ESS in order to complete enrollment for dependents. For assistance with logging into ESS, please contact your agency's Help Desk.
If you wish to participate in a FSA for the 2022 plan year, you MUST enroll during Open Enrollment. Payroll deductions will be taken over 26 pay periods. Remember: FSA enrollment does not roll over from year to year.
Open Enrollment is only available October 1st through October 31st, so please be sure to make changes to benefits elections for you and your dependents during this time.
If you miss this window of opportunity, the only changes you will be able to make to your current benefit elections will be in conjunction with a "qualifying life event" like marriage or the birth of a child.
How to Enroll
Enrollment Resource Links:
- Employee Self Service (in office)
- Employee Self Service (from home)
- Commuter Benefit
- Cook County Voluntary Benefits
- Deferred Compensation
REMEMBER: Any changes you make to plan elections during the Open Enrollment period go into effect the start of the new plan years (December 1st for all benefits except FSA, which is January 1st). If you enroll in the health care or dependent care FSA, deductions will begin with the first pay check of the calendar year.
Virtual Open Enrollment Sessions
These live events, hosted by the Employee Benefits staff and conducted in Microsoft Teams, will provide an overview of your benefit plan options, the Open Enrollment schedule and new plan features. A representative from Blue Cross Blue Shield will be available to answer medical plan questions.
A video of the enrollment process using Employee Self Service will be shown at the conclusion at each event.
- October 6, 2021 - 11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (Click here to watch the recording)
- October 13, 2021 - 3:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- October 20, 2021 - 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Open Enrollment On-site Events
Attend an Open Enrollment Informational Event and learn more about your options. These events will be for informational purposes only. All enrollments must be completed online through Employee Self Service.
- October 7, 2021 - County Building, 118 N. Clark St, 10th Floor Lobby
- October 14 , 2021 - Juvenile Detention Center, Auditorium
- October 19, 2021 - Criminal Courts Building, Lobby
- October 21, 2021 - Stroger Hospital, Lower Level Cafeteria
Safety requirements include masks and social distancing. All on-site events are from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Seasonal flu shots will be available at these locations.
Online Open Enrollment Assistance
If you need assistance with enrollment, click here to schedule an one on one appointment with a member of the Employee Benefits staff. If you need to cancel your appointment, please notify our office through email email@example.com.
Additional Digital Resources
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Go digital with the BCBSIL mobile app!
- What does in-network mean?
- How do I change my Primary Care Physician?
- Understanding Health Plans and Costs
Cook County Deferred Compensation
Cook County Voluntary Benefits
- We deliver savings and convenience
- Manage your rx on your own time (mobile app)
- Specialty more than medication
- Save with 90-day supplies
- Get the most from your medication
- Generics save you up to 80%
Optum Financial (formerly know as ConnectYourCare)